AdventHealth – Sebring has a great new opportunity available in our new ACGME accredited Family Medicine Residency program. Seeking an enthusiastic Family Medicine Associate Program Director to assist in launching a 24 Resident Program (8-8-8), community-based program for July 2021 in Sebring, Florida.
- To provide mentoring, teaching and supervision of the faculty, residents and students in the Family Medicine Program.
- Assists the program director in mentoring and providing critical evaluations of the clinical and teaching effectiveness of the family medicine residents and program.
- Ensures adequate physician, resident and other provider supervision of the outpatient teaching services.
- Serves as a preceptor and role model for residents who see patients in the FMP.
- Practice and teach full-spectrum Family Medicine
- Teach didactics and assist in leading curriculum development
- Interviewing and recruiting faculty for the clinic, maintaining adequate physician staffing at the clinical site, performing yearly reviews of faculty goals & accomplishments, providing direct clinical care to patients, teaching of Family Medicine medical students and residency training in the clinic location, and conducting research.
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education:
- Our family medicine program is part of the AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education network, with residency and fellowship programs nationwide.
- Building a network of innovative, patient-centered GME communities with solid, evidence-based training, and whole-person care
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401k
- CME and dues allowance
- Relocation assistance
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Unrestricted Florida licensure or ability to obtain
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in family medicine, with two years as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited family medicine residency program
- DEA with full prescriptive authority
- Commitment to providing high quality, evidenced based patient care
- Commitment to teach medical students and train the Family Medicine physicians of tomorrow
- Demonstrated administrative and scholarly activity
- Passion for teaching
Care You Can Count On
Right in the Florida Heartland
You shouldn’t have to go far to receive the best care. That’s why AdventHealth Sebring, formerly Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center, has offered personalized healing and leading-edge treatments right in the Florida Heartland since 1948. Our three hospital locations in Sebring, Lake Placid, and Wauchula actively promote the eight universal aspects of CREATION Life — Choice, Rest, Environment, Activity, Trust, Interpersonal Relationships, Outlook, and Nutrition. That means patients get a Choice in their care decisions, including the option for a second opinion. Patients and their visitors can take a moment for quiet reflection and uplift their Outlook in our hospital chapels. We also extend our mission throughout Florida's Heartland, partnering with local organizations and missions that help everyone in our community live healthier lives.
Named the fourth most beautiful town in Florida by The Culture Trip, Sebring is home to more than 100 freshwater lakes, award-winning golf courses, Highland Hammock State Park, and the world-renowned Sebring International Raceway. Originally founded in 1912 by Ohio industrialist George Sebring, the “City on the Circle” continues to extend small-town hospitality marked by warm traditions and solid values.
Friendly, small-town atmosphere
Characterized by citrus groves, rolling green hills, and sparkling lakes
Abundance of outdoor recreation activities
Diverse art scene includes several museums and theaters
Housing is 50 percent less expensive than national average
90-minute drive to Orlando, Tampa, Naples and West Palm Beach