MountainView Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada is seeking a board certified Internist to serve as an assistant program director for our IM Residency Program. Candidates must present with broad knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to internal medicine as a discipline, patient centered care, and to the generalist training of residents. Access to inpatient rotations is possible, but not part of the primary role or required in any part if incoming candidate does not want to do inpatient work.
– Must possess excellent interpersonal /administrative /team building skills
– required and protected, dedicated time of 30% to program duties with the other 70% time to be in the continuity clinic
– Highly competitive income
– Benefits package with 401k match and employee stock purchasing plan
– Potential Sign-On
– Experience in scholarly activity would be a plus
– No weekend call
About MountainView Hospital:
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of northwest Las Vegas. With a dedicated and talented staff of employees and outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996, including four consecutive Leapfrog Group’s Grade As and has twice been named a Top Teaching Hospital. MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular and thoracic center and the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery. The Sunrise Health Graduate Medical Education Consortium, based at MountainView, trains the next generation of physicians and surgeons for our community.
MountainView is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery, diagnostic imaging, urgent care center and hospital based emergency rooms, offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
-Complex and minimally invasive surgical services including; neurosurgery, vascular, cardiovascular and thoracic, orthopedic, bariatrics, colorectal, gynecology
-Comprehensive cardiac services including a heart failure program
-Full service and ACR accredited, diagnostic imaging services for inpatient and outpatient use
-Extensive women’s and children’s services; including high-risk OB services and a Level-III NICU
-Rehabilitation Services including a 36-bed inpatient unit, soon to complete an expansion that will almost double its size, Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab as well as outpatient services
-Oncology services including a full service unit, a blood and cellular therapy program with certified oncology nursing staff, surgical services, imaging and outpatient infusion services
-Full service ER Department including a separate 24/7 Free-Standing ER facility, ER at Aliante
Las Vegas, Nevada – located in Southern Nevada with mild winters and warm summers, Las Vegas offers world class amenities, a low cost of living and no state income tax. With a population of more than 2.6 million, Las Vegas is not only known as the gaming and entertainment capital of the world but is also is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream with access to many national and state parks in the area and within close distance. The community is now home to three professional sports teams in the NFL, NHL and WNBA.
Tagged as: Internal Medicine