Hennepin Healthcare seeks a full-time experienced Founding Director for a newly-created Division of Person Centered and Culturally Inspired Integrative Health (PCCIH) within the Department of Medicine. The Division Director will partner with two board-certified integrative health physicians and 17 advanced practice providers (APPs – Chiropractors and licensed Acupuncturists) and overseeing their work and facilitating optimal performance in accordance with the mission, values, and strategic plan of the Department and the organization. Will be an active clinician with protected time for personal scholarly activity and administration.
The Division Director will be responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care within a model of Integrative Health
- Bringing system physicians and APPs together as one team
- Clinical, quality, and financial performance of the Hennepin Healthcare Integrative Health Division enterprise
- Nurturing an environment of interdisciplinary collaboration with clinical and administrative partners in the delivery of care and improving patient experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Provide clinical and organizational leadership to assure high quality patient care.
- Develop an inpatient consultation service, provide outpatient and inpatient consultation services, build inpatient business lines with other specialties
- Work collaboratively with the HHS Patient Experience Team
- Promote a brand of Integrative Health that contributes in meaningful and measurable ways to the HHS reputation
- Lead quality initiatives
- Support leadership in the creation of clinically relevant budget and financial projections
- Represent the organization externally
- Collaborate with the clinical team to implement efficient and effective workflows
- Create an environment of patient and staff safety and satisfaction
- Support system-wide efforts of Integrative Health
- Provider leadership and guidance in provider and staff recruitment and support access, equity, and diversity
- Provide education and training to residents, students, APPs, and staff and build a culture of scholarship within the division
- Provide administration and oversight of the division’s financial operations and budgets
- Provide support to the Medical Director of Integrative Health in managing daily operations and provider productivity
- MD, DO, or MD/PhD
- PhD candidates only with track record of past and present grant funding in integrative health, system improvement, and health services research will be considered and job will be modified based on exemplary research career
- Residency in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Preventive, Med-Peds, or PM&R
- Fellowship in Integrative Medicine
- ABMS Board Certification with additional board certification in Integrative Medicine through American Board of Integrative Medicine (ABOIM)
- At least 5 years of experience post-training with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in integrative medicine; less than 5 years of progressive management will be considered based on applicant’s skill set and accomplishments
- Academic record consistent with the level of Associate Professor or above. Assistant Professors and/or non-academic physicians will also be considered based on training, experience, and leadership skills
- Additional training such as MPH or MBA degree
- Strong record of collaboration; must possess ability to engage a broad base of potential stakeholders to work towards a shared vision
- Additional training and/or certification in medical acupuncture, medical hypnotherapy, integrative pain management, and other clinical and mind-body integrative modalities
- Positions at Hennepin Healthcare are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Staff in accordance with its policies.
You’ve made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients’ lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
For more information, contact Jerry Hess at [email protected] or call 1-612-873-7405
About Hennepin Healthcare/HCMC
Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.