AdvantageCare Physicians is seeking a Primary Care Physician in the specialty of Internal Medicine or Family Medicine to lead one of its’ medical centers in Queens, NY.
Job Summary: The Medical Office Medical Director is responsible for driving clinical quality and service excellence in his/her medical center. Responsible for implementing strategic initiatives, which will ensure market growth and optimize financial performance for the practice. Directs and empowers staff to establish and maintain an efficient, patient-centered environment ensuring accountability, quality patient care, and patient satisfaction.
• Responsible for overall service experience and clinical excellence provided in the medical office, in execution of AdvantageCare Physician’s strategy.
• Ensure priorities are aligned and resources are committed to achieving the goals and objectives of the medical office and AdvantageCare Physicians against targets established by executive leadership and the Regional Medical Director.
• Responsible for the management of all medical care provided at the medical center, for the quality of services rendered by physicians and advanced practice clinicians; ensures high-quality, and clinically appropriate care which exceeds the expectations of patients.
• Ensure appropriate levels of coverage with oversight of paid time off and continuing medical education planning for the medical office with Regional Medical Director and Medical Office Administrator.
• Effectively promotes high standards of practice through adherence to policies, protocols and practice guidelines; identifies and corrects deficiencies in medical policies, protocols and guidelines utilizing performance improvement processes.
• Manage monitoring of key metrics, such as physician encounters, Relative Value Units (RVUs), out of group referrals, in-basket response times, and Press Ganey scores, appropriately addressing issues and taking corrective actions as needed.
• Lead on-the-job training and assimilation efforts for new physicians and advanced practice clinicians to the medical center (e.g., assigns peer for shadowing, provides work direction, mentors, assigns schedules, initiates formal check-in meetings at set intervals); ensures adequate training and clinical supervision.
• Impact directly on patient care through the development of appropriate clinical guidelines, polices, and procedures as well as discussion of individual case management.
• As a practicing clinician, examines patients, diagnoses and treats illnesses. Prescribes and administers treatment for patients suffering from injury or disease.
• Assist in the hiring process by interviewing physicians and advanced practice clinicians for Primary Care and providing hiring recommendations based upon AdvantageCare Physician’s required competencies and desired behaviors.
• Monitor and evaluates performance of primary care physicians, advanced practice clinicians by setting goals and conducting performance appraisals. Provides performance input to specialty Chairs.
• Recommend personnel actions, such as promotions, demotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions. Assists in the interpretation of and compliance with Human Resources, AdvantageCare Physician and departmental policies and procedures.
• Ensure employees understand and comply with local, state, federal and regulatory standards, as they apply to respective job functions.
• Plan and facilitate monthly medical office meetings to communicate key initiatives and evoke change.
• Represent the interest of medical office physicians, advanced practice clinicians during care team and non-provider staff meetings. • Perform other job related duties as required.
• Review patient’s history and perform physical examinations.
• Evaluate, diagnose and provide appropriate treatment and patient care, and refer patient to specialist as needed.
• Review all test results and recommend suitable management for the patient, including but not limited to, preventive health recommendations and habits.
• Prescribe medications and formulate ongoing treatment and disease management plans.
• Provide relationship-centered care, taking into account the patient’s psychosocial and physical needs.
• Collect and record patient information, such as medical histories, reports and examination results. Maintain complete and accurate medical records.
• Communicate effectively with the clinical team to insure total delivery of quality care.
• Participate in medical staff educational programs and meetings.
• Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or foreign equivalent • Completion of post graduate medical training from an accredited residency program in Internal or Family Medicine
• Seeking 3-5 years of experience as a practicing physician required • Board Certification in specialty required
• Current, unrestricted New York State License to practice medicine required
• Current and active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration required
• Current and active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification strongly preferred
• Effective leadership and strong communication skills both oral and written required
• Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office
Tagged as: Medical Director
Join Indiana University Health and become part of the largest healthcare system in Indiana! We offer an outstanding opportunity for an...Job Details
TeamHealth has a leadership position available for a hospitalist medical director to join our program at Trios Health Southridge Hospital...Job Details
Advance your career in leadership with our outstanding opportunity for a facility medical director CHI Health Lakeside Hospital in Omaha,...Job Details
A practice can be defined by its medical director and their style of leadership. That’s why we take extra care...Job Details
Advance your career in clinical leadership. Work as a medical director for our post-acute practice located in Moses Lake and...Job Details
Become a part of TeamHealth's rich history by leading our Emergency Medicine team at St. Joseph Medical Center in Washington...Job Details