Fulfilling the promise of medicine
Regional Medical Director of Psychiatry Services
Kaiser Permanente, Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group
The Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group (MAPMG) proudly provides the highest quality integrated care for over 800,000 members in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. We invite applications for a Regional Medical Director of Psychiatry Services at our Rockville, MD regional headquarters.
Now offering $250,000.00 forgivable loan as a new hire incentive!
What You Can Expect:
As a Regional Medical Director of Psychiatry Services, you will be responsible for developing and implementing outpatient psychiatric care delivery strategy. You will coordinate closely with the Kaiser Permanente health plan delivery system leaders for behavioral health to create the best access to care, service experience, and quality of care for Kaiser Permanente patients in the Mid-Atlantic states that require specialty behavioral health. You will:
· Evaluate and build psychiatric services for Kaiser Permanente patients through review and assessment of new psychiatric treatment modalities.
· Develop collaborative relationships with community-based providers of psychiatric services to start a cooperative dialogue and understand levels of care available to support patients that may be eligible for them, such as chronically mentally ill and developmentally challenged patients, in conjunction with health plan behavioral health leadership
· Lead a team of service area chiefs to vet strategy, implement plans and receive and provide feedback and evolve psychiatry services
· Effectively recruit and retain a team of psychiatrists
· Provide direct care to patients 40% of your work time
· MD or DO
· Board Certified in Psychiatry
· Prior extensive clinical experience in outpatient psychiatry, proven management, leadership and administrative experience; effective communication skills with ability to build trust and consensus; experience working in a large, integrated care delivery system
· Currently licensed or able to obtain licenses in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia
· Work visa sponsorship is available for eligible applicants
· Practice patient-centered, culturally competent medical care
· Communicate thoughtfully (listen, educate, advocate)
· Lead with integrity
· Value teamwork
· Are transparent and honest
· Go “above and beyond” for their patients
We Provide You:
· Nationally competitive annual salaries with no stressful RVUs
· Clear pathway for physicians to become shareholders
· Comprehensive benefits include 100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance premiums, a pension plan and 401(k), life insurance and paid annual leave including paid holidays
· Complete professional liability coverage including malpractice insurance provided at no cost, 100% reimbursement for obtaining and maintaining board certification, continuing medical education reimbursement, and in-house CME opportunities
· Clinical support team
· A concierge service that works directly with you to apply for all required state, CDS, and DEA licenses
In collaboration with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, we provide high-quality, patient-centered health care. Through this partnership, our physicians are part of an industry-leading health care delivery model, having access to advanced technological tools and receiving comprehensive practice support.
MAPMG physicians are salaried, without the pressures of alternative payment models or fee-for-services. Our members have easy access to specialists and medical records, thus allowing you to treat the whole patient.
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity:
MAPMG continuously works to identify and mitigate healthcare inequities, and that starts with providing an inclusive, supportive environment for our physicians. We encourage applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin who value diversity and will commit to practicing culturally competent healthcare.
Tagged as: Medical Director, Psychiatry