Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital is an 87-bed, acute care hospital in Ludington, MI. The hospital is a regional medical center located 90 miles northwest of Grand Rapids, employs over 500 employees, and serves four counties in northwest lower Michigan.
- Lead this team of 5 physicians
- Hospitalists respond to codes
- No night requirement
- Board certification in internal medicine required
- Prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience preferred or 3+ years hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
Location and Lifestyle
Ludington is a picture-perfect Lake Michigan beach town to raise a family and enjoy life. Along the shoreline, you’ll find unspoiled dunes and waterfront parks. The North Breakwater Lighthouse is ranked the #1 lighthouse to visit in Michigan and one of the top 10 lighthouses to see if the U.S. It’s a year-round recreational paradise with beaches, parks, forests, fishing, boating, hiking, and more. Midwest Living magazine voted the Ludington State Park as the #1 state park in the Midwest.
About Sound Physicians
Join a great team of like-minded colleagues who are focused on delivering great performance. You’ll work in a practice where we are all proud of the care we give. And, you’ll be supported by outstanding local and regional clinical and business leaders. Our values of quality, service, teamwork, integrity, and innovation inspire us every day. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to inpatient admissions.